Sunday 31 January 2016

My Experience with a black cat

Strange appearance of a black kitten.
Photograph by 'Tanya Aggarwal'
Hey!
I have been talking a lot about black cats lately, and you all might be wondering that did I ever had an acquaintance with a black cat?
Well,apparently Yes!

It was a cold Sunday morning. As quiet as one could imagine! My own cat was out, sitting in our Veranda and watching the world (and dogs fighting with each other!) My mom was making us breakfast when we heard  a very low but loud meow coming from outside. Scared that something might have happened to our cat, we rushed to look out for her. As soon as we opened the door, we were greeted by this little kitten, all black, yellow eyes, thick fur and fat kitten - who must be aged between 2-3 weeks. First time in my life I saw  A BLACK CAT!

Seeing us, she started meowing even more. I was so excited as well as astonished because a black kitten,so young that too, coming to our house is a difficult task for the stray dogs are always sitting in front of my house (maybe because of my habit of feeding them regularly!)

My pet cat did not accept her presence which was quite evident from her howling on the kitten.She fluffed up her tail, humped her back and screamed loud (maybe to 'shoo off' the kitten.) The kitten didn't mind it at all and gave no attention to my cat. She finished her milk and went to hide between the miscellaneous things lying in our veranda while I kept peeking after every five minute to keep a check on the kitty! (I was a bit too excited about the strange appearance of the black cat)!

On the breakfast table, we all started discussing the various ways the kitten could come to our house. Maybe she got lost from her mom or maybe her mom left her purposefully at our place. One thing that also caught our attention was maybe 'black magic'? After all, myths and superstitions are there about strange appearance of a black cat.
Because it was cold outside, I made her a Sweater out of old socks we had, and made her wear it!
It was mid afternoon when I realised that the kitty had pooped and it ought to be cleaned. I was devastated because the cat dirtied the veranda as well as herself. Her clothe got dirty.It was so young that it didn't even know how to poop properly! I swore to clean the veranda as well as the kitten!
Fetched hot water-shampoo-clean cloth-another socks. Holding the kitten from her scurf, I started to wipe her. That is when I realised that the kitten had a very strange smell. Not the normal kind, odour that even shampoo couldn't neutralise.

It was evening by the time wiping and cleaning was finished. I placed a carton with a sack inside it for the kitten to hide at night ( and to avoid cold wind)!  But, When It was dark and I went to check again on her, she was gone. How, Where, When - was not known!

We prayed for her well being and the day ended.

The questions that this encounter left me with were, is black magic real? How could such a young kitten who couldn't even walk properly appear at our veranda? Where did she come from? Who is her mother? Where did she go?

But, Hopefully till now nothing bad happened.
The black cat came and went away, maybe her mother left her there and took her when it was dark,
After all, Its Not a cat's fault that she is born BLACK!

6 comments:

  1. You should have pet her!
    Your cat would have also gotten company. (giggles)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would have if she stayed till next morning :/
      For that I had to be sure that the kitten is not anyone's pet and is alone!

      Delete
  2. This makes me want to have a cat too 😻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Adopting a cat is the best thing you can do, preferably a stray! :)

      Delete